It seems the pep talk I gave myself on Wednesday worked and I was able to turn things around energy-wise. I forged ahead with my two quilting projects for the master bedroom spruce up and I am happy to share them with you today.
First is the decorative pillow cover made for the bed. Previously, I just had a solid off-white colored pillow in front (see before post here), which was nice, but all the other decorative pillows were solid too so I wanted to break it up and add some prints and other colors.
curtains and a piece from the bed quilt. Quick story about the bed quilt -- When we first moved into the house, I couldn't find affordable bedding that I liked so when I found a King size sheet set on clearance from Target in a print I liked, I scooped it up. The quilt is whole cloth backed with a solid brown. I have quite a bit of leftover so I was able to incorporate it other places, including the back of this pillow. I quilted the pillow using 1/2" straight stitching, added some brown piping along the edge and filled it with a 12 x 24 down insert.
new dresser top to sit underneath the TV and the lamps. Since I painted the dresser top, I wanted to provide a little bit of protection to the surface. I wanted you to be able to see the whole thing the first time around so I photographed it in my dining room instead of the bedroom for right now.
Have a great weekend!
P.S. I am linked up to Amanda Jean for Finish It Up Friday.